Once again the news has provided us with very useful material to revise for the upcoming exam. This time it is about the tragic earthquake that has recently hit Nepal; by the way, see how it's pronunced in English: /nɪˈpɔːl/.If you want to do a listening exercise click HERE. You should find it easy but it's OK to get to know some vocabulary and expressions related to natural disasters.
This is a bit more difficult: watch the video and listen to somebody explaining what caused the earthquake.
Finally read about the consequences of the catastrophe by clicking HERE.
- Give examples of natural disasters.
- Are natural disasters worst than the ones caused by humans?
- How can disasters be avoided?
- How are business and families affected by disasters?
- How can we help people who are victims of disasters?
- Would you volunteer to help after a natural disaster?